Friday, November 24, 2006

Who says the media never report good news?

There is great news today!!! A BREAKTHOUGH IN MEDICAL SCIENCE. You can be CURED OF TEH GAY in 4-5 years. "Focus on the Family's" far-right krazy kristian nutbar James Dobson, while further distancing himself from meth-snorting, gay-prostitute loving, Evangelical leader Ted Haggard told Larry King this:

KING: Have you spoken to him?

DOBSON: I have talked to him. I was asked to serve on a three person restoration panel and I originally wanted to be of help and said that I would, but I just don’t have the time to do that. And I called my board of directors, we talked about it at length and they were unanimous in asking me not to do that, because this could take four or five years and I just have too many other things going on.

Yup 4 or 5 years is all you need, but that's too much time for him to focus on the man who represented 35 million Evangelicals in the Oval office. Keep running and keep hiding you hypocritical fake-Christianweasell.

****

Assault on Iraqi Civilians Is Deadliest Since 2003

By Sudarsan Raghavan and Nancy Trejos
Washington Post Foreign Service
Friday, November 24, 2006; 6:22 AM

BAGHDAD, Nov. 24 -- A barrage of car bombs, mortar attacks and missiles battered the Shiite Muslim slum of Sadr City on Thursday afternoon, killing around 200 people and injuring as many more in the single deadliest assault on Iraqi civilians since the start of the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003.

Full Story in The Post

It is now a LEGITIMATE question to ask. Was Iraq better off with Saddam? Sadly, the answer is yes. We were all better off. The region was more stable, oil was cheaper, the world loved the US after 9/11 and Iraqis had power, food and lives.

It is also, as made clear in just about every left leaning, right leaning and centrist media outlet in the US and the world, that the US has lost the war in Iraq. The only question now is how to get out and how bad will the fallout be.

There is a reason I marched in Washington D.C. in October 2002 and in New York City in February 2003 and why I wrote articles, wrote letters, and drew upon my experience and expertise in that region to warn anyone who would listen that this war could only end in disaster, this is it.

In 2004 I volunteered my money, time, words and action to change the regime before it was too late, again my fellow Americans displayed their parochial, small-minded and gullible sides. So now I reap what you have sown.

Too bad 70% of American approved of the idea going in. I was one of the 30% who did not. Now 70%disapprovee of the war. Where were you then you misguided fools?

In other news:

I ate a baloney sandwich the other day. I hadn't eaten baloney in at least 10 years. I forgot how sublime a baloneysandwichh on white bread with mustard can be. I mean being a well heeled New York Citygourmandd and all. I still hate cottage cheese and brussel sprouts though.

****

Talking Turkey with my family at Thanksgiving yesterday we commented on the fact that none of us had ever been to a Thanksgiving dinner where the turkey was carved at the table. They only do that in the movies. Right?