Wednesday, April 26, 2006



I feel like that guy with the bottle rocket up his arse that I featured here last week.

I have been moving non-stop for five days. I Spent Sat, Sun, Mon in Minneapolis, flew home Monday night and got in the car to drive to Philadelphia for a meeting at 10:00 a.m.

The really fast motion kicked in when I left Philly. I was supposed to leave by 1:00 but things ran overtime and I did not leave town until 4:50 p.m., which would have been fine, except...I needed to be inside the Palace Theater in Times Square at 6:30 p.m. for the opening of "LESTAT" the new musical from ELTON JOHN and BERNIE TAUPIN, based on the Anne Rice novels.

It was opening night, the red carpet was going to be out and I would walk the line with all the celebs and socialites, if I could get there in time.

The challenge, drive from Philly to NY at Rush hour in 1 hour 20 minutes. I hit the New Jersey Turnpike and pounded the pedal.

After watching the minute stick by far too quickly and driving at speeds that brought me close to the sound barrier, I skidded into a parking spot at 6:21, put on my suit jacket and calmly strolled down the red carpet at 6:25.

There were bold faced names abounding both at the show and at the premiere party at the Time Warner Center afterwards.

It was a long five days of flying, driving, talking, selling, partying and watching.

I think I need to put the bottle rockets away for a few days. Oh, wait, I have to fly to Chicago for three days on Sunday.