Sunday, November 06, 2005



Ahhh, a happy return to the sanity of New York City. Eight days in Vegas was five too many. But I had a great time even with all the hard work.

I got in last not and ran the NYC Marathon today, 26.2 miles of solitude and bliss.

Okay, so I slept til 11:30 and saw a fantastic play this afternoon "A Naked Girl on the Appian Way." It was REALLY funny. All about relationships, dysfunctional family life and love.

While in Vegas I saw Cirque Du Soleil's "O." It was one of the most amazing live performances of any kind I have ever seen. I am a huge fan of Cirque and this was their best yet.

It was a Dali painting and Fellini film come to life. Half of it takes place in water (the French word for water is "eau" thus the name of the show). The specially built theater is a marvel of technology. The music was soulful and eclectic as always (Indian lyrics put to a latin beat for example) and the feats of human grace and endurance were breathtaking. The costumes and lighting atmospheric and absurd as always.

My last night in town I saw U2 for the 7th and final time on this tour. It was in the 14,000 seat MGM theater and the vibe was more intimate and intense than some other shows because of it.