Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.
~John Donne


So this is it. The end of August. The official summer season is over. Its been a hell of a summer. I launched my new company, got my first major contract, traveled to Ireland to see U2 play their hometown and saw some great theater. All that being said though I did not have much of a "Summer." I spent the majority of it indoors working on that big contract.

Now, its time for Fall. My favorite time of the year. There is nothing in the world like September and October in NYC.

The weather is perfect, absolutely perfect. The world starts up again, everyone is back in town. Weekend trips Upstate and to New England to the country to watch the foliage change are a highlight. September trips to the beach and hiking in New Jersey. Great fashions, great food, great parties.

And SPORTS - The best time of the year for sports. Pro football and college football are back. Playoff baseball, the U.S. Tennis open, excitement builds for the start of the NBA and NHL seasons.

Autumn has always been my favorite. Its funny, for a season that is aligned with the 3rd stage of life, I have always felt it to be the real beginning stage. For me, life and the year begin in the fall.