Monday, June 20, 2005

When I was 13 I read Leon Uris' "Trinity." That same year I heard my first U2 record, it was the week they released their second album "October." In 1983 I saw my first U2 show on the WAR tour. From that time forward I developed two passions; Irish history, music and culture and U2.

In the 23 years since then I have traveled the world (25 countries so far), I have seen U2 (29 times) and I have always kept a special place in my heart for Ireland. But, I have never been there.

On Wed. night I am flying to Dublin to fulfill two lifelong dreams. To go to Ireland and to see U2 in their hometown. I am practically bouncing off the walls in anticipation. This has been a real U2 year for me. In March I met Bono and chatted him up at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony and now this.

I decided to go on an impulse, just as I decided to go and see The Pogues reunion show in London in December at Brixton Academy.

I will post my adventures as they happen.