Thursday, June 30, 2005

Born on the 4th of July. Sandy (Fourth of July Asbury Park). I'm a yankee doodle dandy, with a bad attitude. Fireworks and beer. Bullet the Blue Sky. 1776. 1876. 1976. My family's blood. Baby we were born to run.

Troops on the ground. It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no. The hands that built America. The hands that may destroy it. I love my mother but prefer peach pie.

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today, look at me, I can be, centerfield.
Trenton, Antietem, Flanders, Okinawa. Some things ARE worth fighting for.

Ask not, ask not, ich bein, ask not. The memorial as modern Roman temple. He had a dream. Do we? Red and white, blue suede shoes, I'm Uncle Sam, how do you do? Three Mile Island, and the summer, in the city and the summer in the city. Who do you miss today? Are they dead or alive?

Little pink houses for you and me. Are you making a difference? When Johhnie come marching home hurrah, hurrah.

Happy Fourth of July.