Friday, March 25, 2005

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." -- St. Augustine

I have spent the better part of the last two weeks discussing one of my great passions, music.

My other great passion is travel. Traveling is the ultimate experience for me because all of my passions blend together with hyper-intesnsity; wanderlust, architecture, history, music, learning, food, adrenaline, the unknown.

A journey is the perfect metaphor for life. Truly the destination is not as important as the journey and how you conduct it.

Practice travel like life, accept them both on their own terms and not your own.

I have been to 26 countries. I am leaving a week from tomorrow for a month in Asia.

China has become a second home for me the last three years and I can't wait to get there.

I have treasured every place I have been, the good, bad and the ugly. But certain places stand out for me as favorites.

Italy
China
Dubai
Israel
England

Some places I have on my list:

Russia
Peru
Bali
Australia

Where have you been? What did you feel while there? Where do you want to go?