Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Today

-It took me a long time to get beyond the cliche and truly understand the meaning of the idea that there is no destination in life. That the journey is truly the reward. That each moment, each day, each new experience is life. Yes, life has its mileposts, great changes, joys and disappointments, but none of them are a destination, they are simply moments to be experienced.

I think that life is not about the arrival at some physical or material place of the future. I think that the highest point in life one can reach is for one to realize they are living. That nothing is permanent, no destinations exist and only full mindfulness of thinking and the striving for a higher plane of thinking matter. The realization that things will not get better once you have more of this or more of that. Or when you live there instead of here or are with or without this thing, person, object or feeling.

I have found that people who put off feeling good "until" usually never get there.

No, its about living each day as if its your last.

-In April I am heading back to Asia for another extended business and pleasure trip. China has become my home away from home and I can't wait to get back. It is a place with so much to absorb that staying in the moment and celebrating each day is easy. Perhaps its the mundane distractions that keep us from doing it more at home. I may take a 1 week holiday in Vietnam before I come back home, I've always been fascinated by the idea and I think the time is right.