Wednesday, March 30, 2005

-Right then, I finally got my "Windows on the World" picture up. I chose the view from my Northern facing window. My West window has a nice view of the Empire State Building. It was a tough choice, but there it is.

-I've gone and done something impulsive again. Well, I am not sure how impulsive it really was as its something I have wanted to do since I was 15.

I went and bought tickets to see U2 in Dublin on June 24th for their homecoming show.

There are things in life that I dream of doing and will find a way to do no matter what the obstacles. There are other things in life that I want to experience but know that I cannot force them, I can only get out of the way and let fate takes its course.

For me the key to enjoying these things, no matter how they come is to not desire them, and just be happy if they happen.

Its why I recite the serenity prayer every day.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

The wisdom of knowing what I can and cannot change has been a key to my happiness.

So, I am fulfilling a lifelong dream and I am going to see U2 in Ireland.