Thursday, March 17, 2005

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel okay. So hit me with music, hit me with music, hit me with music, brutalize me with music."

-Trenchtown Rock, Bob Marley and the Wailers

Music, it speaks to and is born in our most basic feelings, desires and experiences. It is ritual, it is symbol, it is celebration. Music is a call to action, it asks us, and helps us to laugh, cry, think, move, dance, shake, dream, understand, question.

Perhaps it starts with the bass and drum rhythm section of our mothers heart and the swishing melody of the waves and vibrations of the uterus.

What else but music is so universal to humanity? Not everyone reads, or types or writes or works, or plays sports or a million other things, but everyone, with very rare exceptions, listens to, absorbs and reflects music.

Music is one of my passions, one of my greatest passions, it has shaped me, I have shaped it and it is a shaper and reflection of my soul.

So hit with music, hit me with music.