Monday, March 14, 2005

My fabulous life -

As most of my regular readers know, this blog is not in the style of the daily journal of my life. Its more of an eclectic group of essays, opinions, fiction, commentary and fantasy. But, once in a while I like to do an update on my fabulous life, so here we go. Some recent happenings.

-Saturday I spent the day playing tour guide to two lovely German women in NY on holiday. We started at the southern tip of Manhattan (Battery Park) and walked North through Wall Street, City Hall, China Town, Little Italy, Soho, Greenwich Village and the lower 20s. I gave them and architectural, historical and cultural overview of each area and we had a really delightful day. I love playing tour guide, so if any of you ever come to NY look me up.

-Saturday night I attended the birthday party of the producer Marty Richards at his lovely "River House" apartment on the upper east side. Met some very interesting people including Ivana Trump, Denise Rich, Susan Lucci and Lorraine Bracco. Great food, great music, great company, a fantastic party.

-Tonight is the big night. I am attending the Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction ceremony and party and U is being inducted by Bruce springtail. Two of my 5 favorite artists. The tux is pressed and ready to go and I will have a full report tomorrow.

-My flight is booked. I will be in China from April 3 to May 4, with a side trip holiday to Vietnam included at the end of the trip.