Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Notes from Underground - The "holy shit" edition.

Holy Shit!. I have posted before on two subjects relevant to today's post. One, that on occasion I get invited to parties, events, fundraisers etc, where there are a lot of celebrities and powerful people and I am amazed by the world these people live in and how it's like a strange kind of sociology expedition for me.

The other post was about the fact that I have never really been "into" the whole lusting after celebrity women thing, but that all at once there are three women out there that have absolutely consumed me with lust, desire and interest: Catherine Zeta Jones, Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie.

Well, it turns out that I am going to be in the same room with Catherine Zeta Jones on Monday. I am attending the annual RED BALL. A NY society event. Completely out of character, I am going nuts with anticipation.

-Holy Shit! We are going to be subjected to Michael Jackson's trial nonstop for the next 6 months.

-Holy Shit! That actress who was shot dead on the Lower East Side last week said to the assailants "What are you gonna do, shoot us?"