Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Things I think I think Part VII

-I think that seeing a beautiful woman gives me some inherant right to stare. Its like looking at a piece of fine art or a gorgeous sunset over the ocean. You need to look deep and long, so that you can absorb every part of her beauty, because you must eventually walk away from the art, see the sun finally set and know that the woman will move along. In all three cases one wants to ensure an image burned into the mind that will create a lifelong memory.

-I think I allowed myself to be flattered today and to believe my own press with no shame. Vanity seized me and I held tight in return. Getting on the elevator this morning I joined a woman and her daughter. I said good morning to them both and mom said. "You look like you are on TV." Any particular person I asked. "No, you just have that handsome, rugged, pretty face of a TV star." I did not blush because I have no shame. I said thank you and walked away with a smile and a good start to my day.

-I think I still daydream in a Walter Mitty kind of way about being other people in other times and places (I am 100% happy with who I am and where I am, I just like to use my imagination). Some of my most frequent ones are being a famous writer in Victorian London and being a member of the Garrick Club and being a citizen of Rome in the 2nd century.

I would love to get a chance to use the "Past Lives pavilion" they had in "Defending your Life."