Monday, January 24, 2005

I listened to A LOT of music over this snowed-in weekend. Among my many choices I listened to U2's October (their second album released in 1982). On the album is a song called "REJOICE" which has the line "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me" I used this as my high school yearbook quotation.

Ironically I spent the next ten years trying to change the world, until all of the issues I had and my search for serenity hit me square in the face and spent the next 5 changing me, with incredibly successful results. I still do my part to change the world, but I simply do it one person at a time by giving love and compassion to as many people as I can.

If you could change one thing about yourself in the next six months what would it be?

If you could change one thing about the world in the next six months what would it be?