Thursday, December 16, 2004

Things I think I think Part V

-I Think H.L. Mencken was a prophet. Read this and be astounded.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

--H.L. Mencken (July 26, 1920)

-I think that if Bernard Kerik didn't know he had an illegal alien working in his house and caring for his children he wasn't really qualified to protect our borders.
"You're from where Miranda?" Ecuador? Sheesh and all this time I thought you were from Brooklyn."

-I think that the Washington D.C. City Council should be applauded for passing legislation that would require private funding for half of the $520 million dollars to build a stadium for the baseball team that wants to play there. Its disgusting that the taxpayers be expected to pay half a billion dollars for a team who will reap all the benefits (as in charging $60 per seat, luxury box licenses etc).

I have a great need to move my business into a new facility and want, neigh, EXPECT the taxpayers to pay for it because "eventually the benefits in taxes will go back to the city" SIGN ME UP!!!!!!

-I think I am incredibly psyched to be going back to London for the first time in 5 years and to be seeing the Pogues at Brixton Academy is a lifelong dream come true.
I will also be taking a Dicken's London tour. I am a bit of a Dicken's scholar and am looking forward to it.