Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Yankee, soldier he wanna shoot some skag
He met it in Cambodia
But now he can't afford a bag
Yankee, dollar talk to the dictators of the world
In fact it's giving orders
An' they can't afford to miss a word
I'm so bored with the U...S...A...
But what can I do?
Yankee detectives Are always on the TV
'Cos killers in America
Work seven days a week
Never mind the stars and stripes
Let's print the Watergate Tapes
I'll salute the New WaveAnd I hope nobody escapes
I'm so bored with the U...S...A...But what can I do?

-The Clash

I am shocked, dismayed, dumbfounded and disillusioned. I accept the long used Conservative accusation against me and my kind. I am indeed out of touch.

I will readily admit that I am out of touch with the majority in this country. That isn't to say I don't know what most people here believe in or think, I just mean I don't share the same beliefs and vision.

I wish the republicans luck in the next four years. You have the White House, The Senate, The House, The Supreme Court (with 3 new appointments coming for you) the Governorships and the the majority of the populace. I truly hope you can find a way to improve the economy, secure the country and make us an important part of the world community and not a pariah in it. I am not optimistic though. As for me, I am done talking about or being involved on any serious level in politics.

I will simply process my unhappiness, put it behind me and watch it all unfold as a disinterested observer. It was never a central focus of my life before this election and it never will be again.

I believe these people are leading the world down a path of hatred, destruction, mayhem and hurt. I'll leave them to it...