Thursday, November 18, 2004

The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine of Hippo

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain.

Travel has a way of stretching the mind. The stretch comes not from travel's immediate rewards, the inevitable myriad new sights, smells and sounds, but with experiencing firsthand how others do differently what we believed to be the right and only way.
-Ralph Crawshaw

Only 150 more to go.

I am leaving for Italy this evening for a 10 day holiday. Italy will be the 26th country I have visited. Well, I guess the Vatican will actually make it 27. It amazes me that with all of the places I have been I have never been there. Rome, Florence, Amalfi/Capri, Naples, Pompeii, Avelino, Herculaniam and my ancestral village, Santa Lucia are on the itinerary. This is the type of trip that brings all of my passions; travel, ancient cultures, art, history, spiritualism, music, food, Europe, into one awesome package.

For the curious, my country list is as follows. Where have you been and what are your favorite travel moments?

China-Japan-Mexico-Canada-England-Scotland-Aruba-Bahamas-Jamaica-Netherlands-France-Dubai-Jordan-Israel-Egypt-Venezuela-Brasil-Belgium-Germany-Argentina-Bermuda-Dominican Republic-Ireland-Switzerland

Ciao bella. Arrivaderci. I will post from Italy as I can.