Elections have polarized a country on edge
That is the headline on today's New York Daily News. I think they have it nailed. I think everything that can be said, done, thought about is done.
I think that all of us who care are worn down to the nab of our very last nerves.
That is why, even though it is election eve, and I should have one more election post left in me, I don't, can't and will not do it.
Rather I will talk about one of my passions, reading. Eighty percent of what I know I know from reading.
So here are a list of 10 of my favorite books. This is not a top ten list but a sampling from my top 30 fiction. Please, if you can leave some commentary with your favorites I am always on the lookout for new books and would be most appreciative.
1. War and Peace - Lev Tolstoy
2. David Copperfield/Great Expectations tie - Charles Dickens
3. Skinny Legs and All - Tom Robbins
4. The Brothers Karamazov/The Idiot tie - Fyodor Dostoevsky
5. White Noise - Dom Delillo
6. Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman
7. The Source - James Michner
8. Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes
9. The Divine Comedy - Dante Alleghrini
10. Franz Kafka - The Trial
I'm Looking forward to hearing yours.