Monday, November 01, 2004

HIGH ANXIETY!
Elections have polarized a country on edge

That is the headline on today's New York Daily News. I think they have it nailed. I think everything that can be said, done, thought about is done.

I think that all of us who care are worn down to the nab of our very last nerves.

That is why, even though it is election eve, and I should have one more election post left in me, I don't, can't and will not do it.

Rather I will talk about one of my passions, reading. Eighty percent of what I know I know from reading.

So here are a list of 10 of my favorite books. This is not a top ten list but a sampling from my top 30 fiction. Please, if you can leave some commentary with your favorites I am always on the lookout for new books and would be most appreciative.

1. War and Peace - Lev Tolstoy

2. David Copperfield/Great Expectations tie - Charles Dickens

3. Skinny Legs and All - Tom Robbins

4. The Brothers Karamazov/The Idiot tie - Fyodor Dostoevsky

5. White Noise - Dom Delillo

6. Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman

7. The Source - James Michner

8. Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

9. The Divine Comedy - Dante Alleghrini

10. Franz Kafka - The Trial

I'm Looking forward to hearing yours.