Friday, October 08, 2004

I am feeling the travel bug in a huge way today. I have been very lucky that I have done a great deal of traveling over the last 14 months.

I have been to China three times, Japan once and Alaska. But for me travel is an addiction, I do a little and I want more, I get more and I want more.

So, I am going to Italy in November and I can't express how much I am looking forward to it.

I have been around Europe a bit, but have never been to Italy. It's a dream come true really. I am passionate about history, antiquity, architecture, art and food and Italy is a nexus of them all.

I will be in Rome, Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Herculaneum.

I will also visit my ancestral village near Naples. The Church there has records of our family in the town dating to the early 1500s. I will be sure to post from Italy.